After two years of KLR accessories sitting on my garage shelf, just waiting to be bolted-on, I got around to mounting them.
ADVstunt1 now sports:
- Magura X-Line EX enduro bend aluminum 1 1/8" handlebars
- Rox Speed FX 2" Pivoting bar Risers
- Rox Speed FX 1" Lock Spacer
- Pro Grip Rally grips
- Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heaters (low heat only on a KLR; high not enabled)
- Custom grip heater switch in dash
- Barkbusters with Storm hand guards; Magura mounting
- Repositioned SW-MOTECH cigarette lighter
- RSC Righteous Stunt Clutch lever in And Then Some length in bead blasted "color"
- Moose Racing clutch perch cap with mirror mount
I also went the extra mile and did:
- Fresh spark plug
- Fresh oil
- Fresh oil filter
- Clean air filter
- Clean crankcase breather hose filter - only found on ADVstunt1
I must say it's nice having really high bars. They're skinnier too. And lighter. And stronger, no doubt. I wish I'd mounted them years ago, before all that ADV Commuting and all those trips. Man, I'd've been more comfortable.
Heated hand grips are a must for every motorcycle that gets used year round in the Pacific Northwest. I remember putting my first cheapo set on a CBR600. It totally transforms motorcycle riding.
|Rox Risers with a sweet bar "make" a KLR|
|That RSC clutch lever makes the one-finger-pull a half-finger-pull|
|In-dash grip heater switch looks factory|
|The Storm hand guards on the Barkbusters fight the coming storm|